FISHLESS CYCLE - Am i on course or do i need to intervene?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aaarrgh! Ammonia 0ppm, Nitrite 2.0ppm, Nitrate 60ppm.
If the Nitrites are at 0 tomorrow i'll do a water change and start adding some fish i think

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

TA-DA!! Not a great pic but the fish seem happy. The nitrites went from 5ppm to absolutely zero after 36hrs and the ammonia in under 24 so figured it should manage fine with some fish. Will keep an eye on them. Did a 70% water change before they went in even though the nitrates were really low anyway. Any tips for colourful "top swimming" fish, and an alternative to Pictus Catfish that will apparently devour the tetras and need more floor space and ideally a much bigger tank than i have? Are dwarf gouramis happy in groups or terrortorial?
Thanks for all the advice over the past month by the way, appreciate it

Attachments

• 1390510212053.jpg
    1390510212053.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 36
Fishless cycle seems to be the way forward!!!
2 days after fish rehoused into their new mansion, Ammomia zero, Nitrites zero, Nitrates zero/trace.
6 dward gouramis
5 green tiger barbs
12 Cardinal tetras
3 corries
1 lonely bamboo shrimp (needs some friends)
1 afghan loach (needs friends)

Erm..yes

We shall see. They have settled in very well, there is a lot of space for them and seem to "school" in their 2 groups (have 2 different varieties)

Heeded your advice and went back to the lfs amd asked for 2nd opinion. He said Max 3, at which i point i pointed out the girl before said they would be fine together. Refund complete and i took 4 back and kept 2. They werent fighting but they werent happy either, always trying to keep out each others way. Cheers for the advice

Back
Top Bottom