fishless cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orandafan12

Aquarium Advice Freak
i was wondering how long it takes with pure ammonia. also any tips would be helpful

orandafan12 said:
i was wondering how long it takes with pure ammonia. also any tips would be helpful

Welcome to the site :). I invite you to check out the guide and FAQ in my signature about fishless cycling to give you some info. Feel free to ask any questions you come across during the process :)

Whenever I set up a new tank, I get some gravel to see the setup from a trusted friend if possible. I also am a HUGE fan of planted tanks, so the first step is to add some plants:D :D :D. The plants and their little pots are a good source of the bacteria you will want to help establish your tank. Neither of these make an instantaneous start, but they can accelerate the process.

You can also consider heating the tank to 80-85 F to facilitate faster bacterial growth.

Good luck with your new start. Can't wait to see what you do with your new tank.

Welcome to AA! Good luck with the tank and cycle. It will be over before you know it and is well worth the effort.

Also when i put the ammonia in there were already nitrites woild this effect the outcom

I actually tried to cycle without the ammonia so the tank has actually been there for bout a month and a half

Welcome to the site :). I invite you to check out the guide and FAQ in my signature about fishless cycling to give you some info. Feel free to ask any questions you come across during the process :)

Yes ive actually been using that bedore i sigmed up for this website very helpful
HTML:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom