Fish's eyeball is popping out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonflyher

Aquarium Advice Newbie
One of my golden Tetras looks like one of his eyeballs is popping out, or at least its protruding to the point it looks as though he may be suffering. Anyone know what might cause this to happen? I have a 55 gallon FW tank that is less than 2 months old and I've done water changes approx 7-8 xs with near normal Ph readings last 2-3 weeks.
fish2:

Last edited:
One of my golden Tetras looks like one of his eyeballs is popping out, or at least its protruding to the point it looks as though he may be suffering. Anyone know what might cause this to happen? I have a 55 gallon FW tank that is less than 2 months old and I've done water changes approx 7-8 xs with near normal Ph readings last 2-3 weeks.
fish2:

Place fish in quarantine in a methylene blue bath with epsom salt (1 tbs. for every 10 Gallons). Change water out 100% a day (50% AM 50% PM), use a heater. If its bacterial, this should clear it up in a week. If it's an organism, there's not much you can do, since its difficult to assess what it is.

Back
Top Bottom