Fishwrangler's 75gal Salty Adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xenia is loving its spot, going to be hard to move it

Peek-a-boo lol

Da new corals :D

Think you know what this is.

I'm thinking of building the left side up like I did with the right side, I like how it looks more natural than just one bridge rock. I will be curing the rock in my 20L and when I move the tank (yes this tank is still being moved) I will rebuild the rock work. I also hope to build the reef up more on both sides, all the rocks will be tight to the back wall so there is more swimming room in front.

Holy cow kenya's grow fast. 5 weeks after being introduced and it is already attached to the rockwork. I could probably cut the plug away if I wanted to because it doesn't appear to be supporting it.

For a change I have no complaints with this tank. All the corals are happy, fish are getting along, and algae isn't a big issue right now.

Video will be up before the nights over

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I will be hopefully moving the tank before I go back to school in the end of January! I just need to get 2 more garbage cans, 2 boxes of dry base rock, and 1 overflow box. After I get those things my dad and I will be moving the tank. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and everyone comes out with minor bumbs and scratches at the worst.

I noticed that the umbrella xenia has started spreading to the LR, the kenya seems to have grown onto the LR more, the zoa on the left side has grown a 4th head, and the bam bam zoa(on the right) appears to have some more heads. The xenia I fragged a few weeks ago has grown leaps and bounds, it has doubled or tripled in size since I fragged it!!

After the tank is moved my dad might let me use one of his 6 tube T5HO fixtures. The lfs we go to said don't get any lps or sps because the quad t5 isn't enough light. I really really really want a torch and/or frogspawn so a lighting jump is in needed. We'll suspend the light so I can have my lower light corals a bit off the bottom.

4 t5s is fine for lps and probably some sps like monti caps and digitata. But lps will do fine under 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Would 6 be better though? I believe Hank said 6 would be better for an anemone when I get one, I just want things to be happy and grow for me

6 would be good for anything. It would grow sps and nems too. But 4 works fine for lps

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok so say I did go with 6 which bulbs should I go with? I have fluval one's now and would like to keep them.

Little update video and showing off some coral growth.

I was going to move the tank but my dad decided not to move it because that would mean alot of other work in the room and my 29 gal moving:nono: I am still adding the fuge though and I think the imporoved outlet access.

Sweet vid! Looks pretty official over there:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorta official, its still a baby reef compared to some of the one's on here (bribo, sniperhank, Greg, Dary, and others I can't think of right now). Not looking forward to friday but such is life, its all for the food of the tank

I just love your Yellow Tang! What an active guy! And I know what you mean about the Clownfish, mine always want to be fed as well. :) great video, I enjoyed the commentary!

Thanks!! I'm really happy the tang is alive still. I can see them being hungry today because they didn't geg fed yesterday, but when I took the video I fed a cube of frozen krill! Little orange piggies I tell you

tank has been moved, rock added, and refugium installed. Keep an eye out for some videos of the 9 hours ordeal in the coming days, gotta edit them now.

Thanks Caleb!

Going through a problem now. The skimmer is over skimming throwing micro bubbles into the tank and I can't figure out why. I added part 2 of the C-Balance to the sump so that might be it but I'm not sure. Right now I have the skimmer off in hope of the C-Balance being pumped out of the sump.
Oh and I added a frog spawn today. Will post pictures when it opens

That's awesome.

That group that starts with an E (on the tip of my tongue!) that includes frogspawn, torches, hammers, etc it's my favorite

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom