Flame Hawk disapeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pancho

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I havent seen my Flame Hawk in 2 days, he is ususally the most vicious eater and i see him all over my tank. Do i have to try and find his body if he's dead because of the amonia spike that might result or will the clean up crew take care of him?

Any chance you can update your info? I'm not sure what your clean up crew consists of. I think, if you don't see him, check the carpet, if you do have a casuality, I would leave the body in the tank for no more than 2 maybe 3 days (I know that sounds bad, but if the clean up crew doesn't take care of it by then, you might get an ammonia spike....of course, this depends on the size of the tank and the casuality).

I have 30 or so hermit crabs, 25 or so snails, a brittle star and an emerald crab in my 29 gal. I really dont want to have to tear apart all my large mound of live rock to find the dead flamehawk, but if i have to i will :( My tank is in a weird stand that doesnt let me see the sides, so i cant see if hes back there at all.

a brittle star and an emerald crab
do check around the carpeting , floors sumps over flows and for a smiling cat if that is no help the star or the crab may have offed him as they can take a sleeping or unsuspecting fish out .... give it a couple days but in the mean time check all areas a fish could land after a fishicide attempt

Back
Top Bottom