Flaming gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlazedSaint

Aquarium Advice Freak
New fish : ) and I thinks its amazing soooooooo I'm sharing with my favorite fish folks! I'll get a better picture of it out of the bag here in a bit

ForumRunner_20130831_202501.jpg

ForumRunner_20130831_202418.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130831_202300.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130831_202300.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 75
Beautiful gourami! My LFS didn't have any flame dwarfs when I purchased my DG, but I love him anyway!

Lol that's ironic I went in wanting just a plain DG and all they had was this one flaming and no plain DG

indeed my gourami is kind of boring, but i have a snail outbreak due to new plants, and my the gourami is have a feeding frenzy at the snails expense lol, and got 3 neon swordtails today as well and they have tons of personality : ) they are very fun to watch

Ty Ty I'm very proud of this fish : ) and its a snail hunter I've seen a rapid decrease in snails over night and there are a few empty snail shells floating around, very awesome

Thats terrible I'm very sorry to hear that : ( sucks to lose any fish but definatly one like a gourami

Got a good picture of its nice blue fin sorry for the hazyness its a hand me down biocube and the glass has seen better days

ForumRunner_20130901_103108.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130901_102918.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130901_102918.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 49
Here is mine

Attachments

• image-4156014168.jpg
    image-4156014168.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 43
I don't know I have two and that one has a point in its like yours and my other one doesn't have that.

Female dwarf gourami do not have much colour. Most are very dull, pale brown. Some of the powder blues have a bit of blue on them, but not nearly so much as males do.

The posted pic is male, no question. Many fish stores don't even sell females, because they are not as pretty and thus do not sell nearly as well as the boys do.

Sudden death in these fish, or a quick dwindling away, is, sadly, very, very commonplace. I no longer try to keep them, I got discouraged at the many deaths.

They are basically quite shy, need heavy plant cover both planted and floating, and to break up sight lines if there is more than one of them. No bright light, if there is not a lot of floating plant cover to shade them. They dislike much current in their water, and are generally just not easy to keep alive for very long. It is really too bad, they are so lovely, and I truly find them beautiful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom