Flatworms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TangoTank

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How bad are flatworms for your DT? My snail tank has flatworms where I'm culturing Copepods. They're practically microscopic & crawling on the sides of the tank. Are they just another creature that my fish will just eat also or...?

You don't want flatworms at all !! They are unwanted pest/hitch hikers and multiply quick. They make a solution you can add to bag or what ever new corals and all you get come in. It will kill off flatworms and than add to your QT tank.

I have used this and works.
Salifert Flatworm Exit

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't want flatworms at all !! They are unwanted pest/hitch hikers and multiply quick. They make a solution you can add to bag or what ever new corals and all u get come in. It will kill off flatworms and than add to your QT tank.

I have used this and works.
Salifert Flatworm Exit

Darn... Ok, Thks! I've read about that stuff, I'll try it.

Make sure you have enough carbon on hand to run after using flatworm exit. I recently lost FIVE large healthy fish due to not running enough carbon after dosing.

Very good point carey. Sorry I wasn't more clear. I don't use it in my main tanks. I use it before anything is added to my tanks in bag or cup ect. Its a good practice since we don't know whats hiding on new additions. From store or others home aquariums

Make sure you have enough carbon on hand to run after using flatworm exit. I recently lost FIVE large healthy fish due to not running enough carbon after dosing.

Ok, Thks!!

Back
Top Bottom