Flower and Tank pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blurry co2 bubbles by the itty bitty tiny iny millions

I like your tank. I used to have plants that did well for a while but then they died. I didn't have any co2 injector and it was low lighting only.

Did that flower bloom in your tank?

well it put out the flowers in the tank but the looked like tiny pointy cattails, but when it reached air it turned green then white and split into that flower, if you mean did i get them that way from the store? no, i bought bulbs and raised them and then it flowred. i'm trying to germinate by rubbing the two plants flowers together a few times a day.

A strategy we used to breed plants in Science was thus: if you can find a dead honeybee, glue it to a toothpick and rub it in the flower until you see yellow dust on the bee, then repeat with another flower.

Ihave been growing those bulbs for about 6 months. I had 2 flower like yours. I now have 10 or 12 little plants in the tank. The babies tend to float, so check your filter pad. You have to bury them good and my fish keep digging them up. After adding a DIY c02 setup and plant tabs, some of the larger plants have sent up as many as 5 runners with blossoms. I have been told you can take a small soft brush and run it across the blooms to pollinate.

if they bend back like rams horns and are really compacted white they may be bovinianus and i mis said the name above it's an apono ulvaceus

so you have an apono ulvaceus

single flowers and dark leaves are echinatus or rigidifolius
single flower and light green is crispus
and single purplish flower and lilypad type leaves that float on the surface is natans

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom