Fluorite and gravel substrate to sand change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CicGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sup people! Today I'm planning on switching my substrate to sand. I have a good amount of fish in there already so how should I do this? I also have a lot of plants as well. I don't wanna put everyone in buckets even though it'll be easier. I was thinking of doing it half and half so I don't stress my fish too much. I need your help buddies

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130218_120929.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130218_120929.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:
Sup people! Today I'm planning on switching my substrate to sand. I have a good amount of fish in there already so how should I do this? I also have a lot of plants as well. I don't wanna put everyone in buckets even though it'll be easier. I was thinking of doing it half and half so I don't stress my fish too much. I need your help buddies
Hi, it can be done either way but i find it a lot easier by just almost emptying the tank, removing the decor, plants and fish. I believe it would be less stress on your fish by doing it this way. It is also way quicker and easier for you... Make sure you wash, wash, wash the sand....If you have the sand washed already, you could easily do it in an hour.... If not washed, wash it before you break down the tank. Also when you set it back up, leave the lights and airstone(if one) for a couple of hours.... Ian

Back
Top Bottom