fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Keep an eye on things in your tank. Since you disturbed things to battle the cyano, there is a chance you sturred up enough garbage that wasn't removed with the water change. Just a chance though.

Also, if your husband thinks your tank is boring tell him to go back to his FW tank with some fake plants and neon gravel for enjoyment! Then get a nice coral once the cyano is gone for a couple weeks as another kidney shot. :D

Sniperhank said:
Keep an eye on things in your tank. Since you disturbed things to battle the cyano, there is a chance you sturred up enough garbage that wasn't removed with the water change. Just a chance though.

Also, if your husband thinks your tank is boring tell him to go back to his FW tank with some fake plants and neon gravel for enjoyment! Then get a nice coral once the cyano is gone for a couple weeks as another kidney shot. :D

Haha!! Your tank is natural, and natural isn't always exciting, but it is beautiful!! :)

Sniperhank said:

Lol! He likes both my tanks but he loves my freshwater tank. I've got live plants and ghost shrimp and lots of little fish... It's really fun to watch. He's right about my pico. It's boring right now. I'm just waiting to get the courage to buy some new livestock and coral to make it interesting. I need a flowy coral and some shrimp to liven it up. I actually thought about getting a small damsel but I don't think I have the space for it. I believe they are highly active. I think it's just time for me to get a Duncan.

Well, it's been all day with the light on and I don't see any new cyano. Yay! My zoas are looking good. Trumpet looks good. Emerald crab is all over the place picking at rocks today. Seen some hermits out and about. I'll be leaving things the way they are unless I see more cyano or anything.

Well, it's been a few days now and no cyano. Also, I saw 2 blue leg hermits and 2 red leg hermits today. I've found 3 "dead" Hermits. So I've actually only had 2 murdered (1 blue, 1 red). One had to be a molt since i started with 6. At least I still have 4!

Bearchumjs said:
Well, it's been a few days now and no cyano. Also, I saw 2 blue leg hermits and 2 red leg hermits today. I've found 3 "dead" Hermits. So I've actually only had 2 murdered (1 blue, 1 red). One had to be a molt since i started with 6. At least I still have 4!

Yay! No cyano! Good for you

DanS180 said:
R those eagle eyes?? Looks pretty cool. Mine do that as well.. but usually only when my hermit is near it or one of my fish swim by them really fast. How long have they been closed?

Yep, they are eagle eyes. They've been like that the last 2 days. Seems weird.

I just did a 50% wc. I moved the rocks a little. Maybe they were in a little too much flow for their liking. Who knows. I'll keep an eye on them.

Bearchumjs said:
Yep, they are eagle eyes. They've been like that the last 2 days. Seems weird.

I just did a 50% wc. I moved the rocks a little. Maybe they were in a little too much flow for their liking. Who knows. I'll keep an eye on them.

Could be true.. my Kenya tree does the same thing.. opens up and then closes for a full day then opens back up again lol

Bearchumjs said:
Well... It seems I have stumbled upon an empty 10 gal tank! So... My 5 gal is going to be upgraded to a 10 gal!

Yea!!!! So exciting!! Can't wait to see it!

Back
Top Bottom