fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How have I not seen this thread yet??? Lol so weird.. well I havent read ALL of it but some and I'm excited for you n your eventually damsel :) you're right tho, not a lot of people like damsels the way you do haha

It's about time you joined in! It's okay that you didn't read all of it... It's pretty long! I really hope they get a damsel in on Thursday.

As anyone used a 5 gallon fluval chi for a saltwater nano tank?

I have a 55 gal freshwater that will be saltwater one day... I'm tired of waiting. My only other tank is the fluval chi. I just got a lid for it yesterday. Is it too small for a nano tank? Any suggestions on what I should do to get it going, if it's even possible?

How much experience do you have with saltwater? Even the most seasoned saltwater skilled aquarists would grit their teeth to even consider such a small nano tank. Not to say it cannot be done, but to say study the subject well and always consider a larger tank offers more room for errors. You are to be commended for your desire and seeking help not just jump in and swim. PP

It's about time you joined in! It's okay that you didn't read all of it... It's pretty long! I really hope they get a damsel in on Thursday.

Lol I know I'm sorry im sorry, well I'm hoping my cycle finishes soon! I want to get my fish as well :)

How much experience do you have with saltwater? Even the most seasoned saltwater skilled aquarists would grit their teeth to even consider such a small nano tank. Not to say it cannot be done, but to say study the subject well and always consider a larger tank offers more room for errors. You are to be commended for your desire and seeking help not just jump in and swim. PP

Thanks! Having the fluval chi worked well. I have upgraded to a 10 gallon now.

I nuked it with boiling water. Hopefully I don't loose any xmen palys... It was growing right next to them. I also found a tiny one on the bottom of my pagoda cup frag plug. Got that one too. Those 2 coral came from the guy on Craigslist. I don't know if I'll be getting coral from him again.

Aiptasia-x will do the trick and won't harm coral nearby.

And to comment on the comment commending on you doing a smaller tank, ill agree to grats on doing it... But have you thought of bigger? Knowing that I just filled a 55 with coral and want bigger for more coral room idk how small reefs are accomplished.

Aiptasia-x will do the trick and won't harm coral nearby.

And to comment on the comment commending on you doing a smaller tank, ill agree to grats on doing it... But have you thought of bigger? Knowing that I just filled a 55 with coral and want bigger for more coral room idk how small reefs are accomplished.

Oh yes, I want bigger. I was planning on turning my 55 into a reef tank, but I've grown rather attached to the freshwater world I have created in there... So I'm holding out for a 90 gallon. I keep checking Craigslist. One day I'll find the deal of the century! But until then, I really really enjoy my little marine world. If I see more aiptasia I'll have to get some aiptasia x to kill the little bastards. Luckily, I don't think the aiptasia walked anywhere to get to where it was, so hopefully that's the end of it.

I'm getting excited about Thursday. I really hope petco gets in a nice yellow tail damsel. I'll be so bummed if they don't. I'd also take a blue devil damsel or any kind that doesn't get over 3.5 inches as an adult. I am SO ready to have swimming life in my tank.

You'll have this fish for a long time and you'll only have one in the tank. It's well worth holding out for the one you really want to keep. The yellow tail is so much nicer than the blue devil, but that's just me. : /

You'll have this fish for a long time and you'll only have one in the tank. It's well worth holding out for the one you really want to keep. The yellow tail is so much nicer than the blue devil, but that's just me. : /

I was looking at both online and they both look really pretty. I feel like they'll be getting a yellow tail though. And yeah, I'd rather have the yellow than the other one. :)

Back
Top Bottom