Fluval Chi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laeris

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got one today! Going to use one of the Aqueon Pro 100w heaters I already have. Ordered aragonite live sand, Wave-point 6" bright blue and daylight 10000k that has been reviewed on Youtube to be great for softies, Jebo 501 for cheato, floss and Purigen, Rio 50 pump, Instant Ocean salt, API SW kit and hydrometer will be here next week. Tomorrow I go to the LFS and poke around the live rocks a bit for next weekend's purchase and to give heads up that I'll be picking up 5g of prepped SW to start up with.

So. Excited.

Post-cycle list:
lavender mushroom, pipe organ, dwarf feather duster
a skunk cleaner shrimp, a blue hermit, a nerite, two different kinds of cerith (dwarf and Florida), and a nassarius

Up for debate: pompom crab... will he really murder my corals? :( And either a firefish or a green goby I'll name Oscar. Just need to get a trash can aquarium decoration for him! Khehehe

Got about six pounds of live rock that the LFS had sitting in a tank. Already cured, good to go. That combined with Nature's Ocean live sand (reef variety) and an 8oz bottle of Bio Spira just because, I give you

This is 5 drops of pure ammonia from Ace put in around 6pm, readings taken around 140am.

Going to add more LR because I have room and it'll be good for the lavender mushrooms and pipe organ to get some more space. Snails, shrimp, fish, etc. are going to be here March 4th. I've just put in another 6 drops ammonia. I have time, why not get ridiculous with the biofilter?

Additional rock will be important since it is your main biological filtration. Get it in there ASAP so it can be benefited by the cycling to build the bacteria base in the rocks.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1455961107.445943.jpg

Done and done. Went on a sort of tour of all the shops I could find that do saltwater. Got two pieces which weigh 2.41. That brings my total to almost nine pounds. It's already scrubbed and cured and was in a bin that that gets fed from display tanks. Apparently this is quite popular here. All three shops do this.

Did a huge wc because nitrates were insane. Got them down to 10, added 10 more drops of ammonia. I'm not sure how much my full stocking plan might produce, so I'm just going to keep increasing. Tomorrow I'm picking up 20g of RODI across four containers and getting to mixing a couple of batches under supervision. Already have the pump and 100w heater.

NitroCorals (local owner) is looking for a certain type of macro algae for me. It may stay in my tank, it may wind up in Bpo's. I always show him and won't get it if he won't have it in his tank. Trimmings have to go somewhere.

I shouldn't shop at 3am, I'm apparently very impressionable at that time. Pink Galaxy is the one I'm on the hunt for.

I've ordered red ogo, chaeto to grow it up for Bpo, ORA's blue hypnea pannosa, blue scroll, red grape and one simply marked rare red branching. They're all tiny, <2" so if anything belongs in a larger tank, it can be transplanted.

. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456004104.058175.jpg

Get you some Dragons Breath,I keep it in my display tank,wife loves the colors it adds.Easy to keep.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456010665.826152.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You're the second person to say that. I bet it'd look perfect on the back wall of the rocks and peeking up over the top.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I shouldn't shop at 3am, I'm apparently very impressionable at that time. Pink Galaxy is the one I'm on the hunt for.

I've ordered red ogo, chaeto to grow it up for Bpo, ORA's blue hypnea pannosa, blue scroll, red grape and one simply marked rare red branching. They're all tiny, <2" so if anything belongs in a larger tank, it can be transplanted.

. View attachment 284958

Would you have a link to the tank? I was keen to check it out and see what is needed as hope to do this at some stage.

Would you have a link to the tank? I was keen to check it out and see what is needed as hope to do this at some stage.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...-8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=fluval+chi Honestly, the only part of the set I'm using is the tank itself. All the parts I listed I got from Amazon. Well, aside from Autumnsky's Chi :D

The Rio Plus 50 was $10, as was the Jebo 501. I already had the heater. I've spent about $80 on live rock, $15 on substrate, $40 for the light, $5 for the digital thermometer. So far, around $270 on stuff to live in it between LFS and various online stores. I'm glad I've started small. @_@ I realize UK prices may be drastically different. Tried locating a heater for someone in the UK and it turned out to be nearly 10x more expensive.

Well here's one for the books. Ordered a lavender hairy mushroom, received a red scooter dragonet. Called the shop, they said keep him but oh dear we're out of small mushrooms. We'll send you a larger one instead, ok? Huh. Fair enough. Only now I have a fish I hadn't planned for. It'll be moved to the 35g once that's done cycling.

Emergency run to local stores for pods and they only sell trigger pods. Got two bottles warmed up and in the tank. The surprise fish is chilling and munching pods incautious enough to swim into it's mouth. I've got an overnight order of mixed anth- and copepods coming. Might not've been planned, but he's certainly not going to suffer for it.

I'm not complaining much, I just hadn't planned on having that in my tank even for a month. It'll be interesting to see what he does. He's almost made a circuit of the floor so far.

I'm looking to make another macro order next month if your interested in anything let me know , I can always add it to the order also save on shipping , every bag contains a hefty amount I'd say close to a lb , great prices too $10. per bag

3:30PM MT Everything got here around 10-1030. Got busy acclimating, PhosGuard is in, etc. Just now put the last stuff in. Pods went in first, followed by gorgonians (3" purple whip and a 1" with blue bits), pipe organ, pink feather duster, yellow rose goby, crabs (hermits, porcelain, pompom with PINK POMPOMS SQUEEEEE), two shrimp (pistol and cleaner), then the three bitty (2-3mm bitty) tapestry nerites, an Astraea and the Tonga nassarius. The end! Ok, almost. Need to get the red ogo situated, but that wasn't as critical. Once the 10 drops of green yuck clears up I'll turn the lights on.

Rigel (Farscape) the Scooter is scuttling around like it's Christmas. He better leave some pods to reproduce :rolleyes: Ziggy Stardust the purple firefish is likely to wind up in the 35g with Rigel in time. No names for anyone else yet, they just got here.

11:50PM MT That jerk halloween hermit ate all my ORA hypnea pannosa. Pretty sure he even ate the glue used to stick it to the frag plug. His name is now Kevin. No one likes Kevin.

Oh, and LA ran out of lavender mushroom altogether. They'll ship when they get it next. :|

Back
Top Bottom