Fluval edge lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arloa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking into improving the lighting of the fluval edge and was wondering if, in order to use a light bar, you would have to mod the lighting system itself or could you attach it on the top of the glass tank? Also, can anyone recommend any good light bars? preferable one with a day/night setting, thanks!

(first post!)

A thing you could do is add led stunner light strips, they are Cheep and easy to attach, now this all depends on what you want to keep, reef tank with corals or freshwater with plants will need more light. What type of tank do you have?

I have a 6gallon fluval edge atm, planning to keep a freshwater tank with possible live plants in the future, & about 2 guppies with a handful of RCS.

ouch. they do look really nice but that is way out of my budget :/ i was looking within the 10-20 pounds range. thanks anyways

I look at it like this.. Every 6 months you have to replace bulbs at $10 USD a bulb(just guessing with 2 bulbs) that is $40 a year, that's a lot of cash and wast. Led strips last anywhere from 5 to 15 years. I would say save up for something good Instead of going the Cheep rout. You will end up saving in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom