Fluval edge mantis tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How's the mantis tank going

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well the tank cycled pretty quickly (I used substrate and LR from my existing 55). The neogonodactylus breedini was in the 55. It took a good 10 minutes to catch him because he was inside a piece of LR. In the process of trying to catch him I found a molt in the tank. After further inspecting the mantis I realized that he lost one of his smashers in the molt. Anyways, I put him in the 6 gal and he came out today. Which I think is a sign that his new she'll has hardened. I fed him a piece of clam meat (I had to crush the clam with a nut cracker lol) and he is eating. I might just continue to smash the clams for him until his next molt when he regrows his other appendage.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's extremely uncommon for them to break glass... Its more of a myth

Might not be the best idea to have live snails in with him as well. He could hit the glass accidentally. I would just be worried because on a tank that size the glass is very thin. On a larger tank I wouldn't necessarily worry about it as much, but that's a tiny one.

I hadn't thought of that and you make a very good point. I was actually at the lfs today and was tempted to buy some snails actually. Now I think I'll stick to the hermits if I do decide to start feeding live food.

Back
Top Bottom