Fluval mini pressurized CO2 system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bichir Bro

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all! Im currently gathering the final supplies to begin the setting up of my fluval spec v planted tank!
I plan on having some high light plants and would love to have a pressurized CO2 system running but i am curious on some of yalls opinions on the fluval mini system. It seems great for my little tank but does anyone have any thoughts/complaints on it? Any recommendations for a better system for my tank? I'd prefer to stay away from a DIY setup.
Oh I will also be running the Current Satellite + Pro light if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It sucks, don't bother, a aquatek mini with a 20 oz. Paintball tank would be best

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It sucks, don't bother, a aquatek mini with a 20 oz. Paintball tank would be best

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok I will definitely look up on that! The more I look the more I started to find better reviews on a paintball set up.

Update- just looked up on it and now I'm pretty sure the above recommended system is what I'll be going with if I can't find anything better. Nothing but bad was said on it, and the paintball equipment will be easy to refill since I live very close to a dicks sporting place!
Edited update- thanks brookster!

The Aquatek Premium Regulator with Cool Touch solenoid retails for $89 on Amazon. It can work with with regular or paintball tanks (with an adaptor). I think I got the 24 oz Valken* paintball tank for about $25 and adaptor for $15. I am averaging 3 refills a year (at $5 a refill).
* The reviews for the Valken brand indicated fewer problems than the Empire brand of paintball tanks

Yep, Dicks Sporting Goods has a refill program where they give you a fifth refill for free. Good deal.

The Aquatek Premium Regulator with Cool Touch solenoid retails for $89 on Amazon. It can work with with regular or paintball tanks (with an adaptor). I think I got the 24 oz Valken* paintball tank for about $25 and adaptor for $15. I am averaging 3 refills a year (at $5 a refill).
* The reviews for the Valken brand indicated fewer problems than the Empire brand of paintball tanks

Ok thanks for the info on the tanks!
And I have heard about the refill so that will be nice :D

Back
Top Bottom