Fluval Spec 2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good deal on the heater! Such a small tank any add on looks crowded. Still trying to figure out how to add more flow without a powerhead. Might look into a beefier pump.. And for the light, the Wavepoint is around $75 ($44 on amazon lol) so that price range would be good...

That's the one I was lookin at! I just need to measure my overflow return section and see
if it will fit... I'm pretty sure it's a go. Gotta get
one on order...

image-966356242.jpg

Diatoms already?? Will post some water parameter tests tomorrow...

Attachments

• image-2552408850.jpg
    image-2552408850.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 94
Wavepoint 6" LED... $40 (ish) might be the way I'm gonna go with this...

image-1896313220.jpg

image-3853029280.jpg

Seems legit. My LFS has an 8 gallon nano with the 12" version and has some LPS and SPS in the tank... Looks sharp too.

Wow, that actually looks like a good choice for your tank. Small LED fixtures are getting better and better lately.

Whelp, the diatoms are subsiding, and it's like copepod galore in my tank... Things are looking up in this cycle. As a reflection, I'm glad I went with live rock and sand from a well established system. It's making things "easy"... :cool:

That's what's up... Showing nitrates :cool: Added anther half a cube just to be certain...

Yes I will tonight.. Tank looks exactly the same lol, I'll post some though! I'm considering removing the media sponge that is slotted, and running ONLY the media bags... Good idea?

Either way would be fine. Where are the pics?!

Too many excuses for no pics. Wifey made stuffed haddock for dinner last night, BlackOps 2, etc etc... I will snap some with my phone tonight! And here's what is showing up at my LFS at 9:00 am :cool:

image-2221259815.jpg

Oohh nice catalina goby! They like cooler temps than most though... :(

Yea I know... My LFS told me to keep it low-mid 70's (like lower-mid)... I can't wait til it shows up and gets QTd. Tank is almost fully cycled!

image-2694757759.jpg

Here's an actual pic of my new Catalina the folks at Aquatic Creations in Nashua, NH got in for me! 2 weeks in QT, then he's coming home :cool:

Benamayer said:
Yes I will tonight.. Tank looks exactly the same lol, I'll post some though! I'm considering removing the media sponge that is slotted, and running ONLY the media bags... Good idea?

If you can throw a few pieces of rock or rubble where the sponge is you may see some nice copepod action going on in there. It would also pull double duty as natural filtration media. Some shops sell scrap live rock rubble for pretty cheap. Just throwing out an option. Leaving the bags is definitely a good thing. I replaced the carbon bag for a 100ml bag of Purigen in my daughter's Spec 5 but it's a planted FW tank. If you remove the sponge you would have room for both.

Awesome fish btw!

Back
Top Bottom