FLVS (FL Virtual School)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazeherd2306

Aquarium Advice Addict
FLVS stands for Florida Virtual School and it lets you take high school courses on the internet over the summer, so you can earn more credits during high school. I've already taken Personal Fitness online and I'm trying to decide what would be easier to take online:

Algebra II Honors or Chemistry Honors?

I'm good at both science and math, but I'm thinking Algebra II would be easier.

If anyone has taken both of these and can please tell me your opinion on what would be easier to take online, I would appreciate that.

TIA

do you know what you want to do in college?

I personally think that those would be difficult online courses to take (ive taken several online college courses.. but nothing math or science related)

If you are okay with learning on your own, and making yourself do it.. then go for it.. but I really think taking both of those classes online would severly disable you in college (depending on your major)

HOWEVER, i take back those statements if the class is taught with webcams and actual, physical instruction.. as opposed to web based lecture.

I personally think that those would be difficult online courses to take

I know, but I have to get 4 credits in both math and science (I'm in 9th grade) because of the type of school I go to.

The only bad part of online courses are is you have to teach yourself.If I run into a problem I guess I could always call my instructor or when I start school, I can ask a teacher for help.

do you know what you want to do in college?

Major in some division of marine science.

If you take marine science you will definatly need a background in chemistry.
So, if you must.. I would take the math online and make sure you really practice because most of the time in math classes they do exactly what is in the book.
Chemistry you should really learn in a class room especially if you want a major in any form of science.

Good idea. I would suggest math on-line too just because the typical chemistry class has more "lab" and hands-on experiences that will really help you learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom