foaming help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tipton34

Aquarium Advice Freak
My aquarium is foaming tremendously. Where the power filter is, there is foam all the way up to the hood. Is this good or bad? Ive never had this problem ever before.

do you have well or city water? when is the last time you did a water change? what are your water parameters?

I live in a dorm so it is city water. I did a water change last night and one this morning. The ph is pretty high but everything else is perfect.

When did this start happening? Did you do anything differently or add anything differently before it started foaming? Any chance that something got into the tank (cleaners, disinfectant, air spray, etc)?

I added some water clarifier. I did some more water changes today and yesterday. This helped tremendously. It also help clear the water. Im just going to keep doing water changes for a couple more days just to be safe. It still has a little foam but it looks great now.

Never mind, I went out of town for two days and fungus took over my tank and killed every fish! The foam was a result of fungi

Back
Top Bottom