Foo the Flowerhorn started it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

auntgrace

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello fish friends,

My 28yo daughter moved back in with us during the original lockdown and brought her betta. She introduced me to Foo the Flowerhorn videos and I was inspired to start a nano tank. Before I could act, though, I ended up with a seasoned 10gal tank housing two dwarf neon rainbows.

Six weeks after seeing my first Foo, I have six platys in the old tank with the sole dwarf rainbow (one died of old age, I think), a six gal heavily planted Walstad tank with my husband's shiner-bait-fish for now (I gave him a week, and I needed the mulm), a 1 gal planted bowl with 3 small platys, and the original betta in a tall 1 gal (really not mine but he likes me).

What I like most is the window of summer, that green-and-gold vibrancy of life of a lushly planted tank. It is a black and white world out there. I love coming home to my water gardens.

I like learning about the ecosystem I have created and l enjoy tending it. I don't like discovering how my noob ignorance is going to cause trouble, such as when I just found out that platys breed readily.

Fish people seem really special to me; gentle, affectionate to their livestock, creative, and helpful. Looking forward to the stories and lessons here.

Back
Top Bottom