Food from ebay - thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like low end food with lots of fillers, looks to be on the same scale as Wardleys, Tetra, or Aqueon. Here is NLS's ingredients:

Typical Ingredients: Whole Antarctic Krill Meal, Whole Herring Meal, Wheat Flour, Whole Squid Meal, Algae Meal, Soybean Isolate, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Garlic, Vegetable and Fruit Extract (Spinach, Broccoli, Red Pepper, Zucchini, Tomato, Pea, Red and Green Cabbage, Apple, Apricot, Mango, Kiwi, Papaya, Peach, Pear), Vitamin A Acetate, D-Activated Animal-Sterol (D3), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine, DL Alphatocophero ( E ), Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Niacin, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, L-Ascorby-2-Polyphosphate (Stable C), Ethylenediamine dihydroiodide, Cobalt Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Choline Chloride.

Like anything in this day and age you get what you pay for.

NLS isn't all that expensive, I bought a small jar from petco for like $8. It's just now half empty, I've had it for 6-7 months, and that's with feeding Haps twice a day that are little pigs. If you have allot of fish buy it in bulk and it will last quite awhile.

It's worth the extra money

I get the smallest of a can of NLS Cichlidfrom PetCo to keep it as fresh as possible. It still lasts for months.

Thanks guys. See, the problem is, I don't live in the states and have never seen or heard of NLS here. I can get hikari but it costs a fortune. I suppose I could look into shipping NLS over but the shipping cost alone would probably cost as much as the hikari. So I'm trying to find a good, cheaper alternative.

Mumma.of.two said:
Thanks guys. See, the problem is, I don't live in the states and have never seen or heard of NLS here. I can get hikari but it costs a fortune. I suppose I could look into shipping NLS over but the shipping cost alone would probably cost as much as the hikari. So I'm trying to find a good, cheaper alternative.

I feed mine "new era rift lake green pellets"
They love it.Not sure if you can get it there though.

Have you ever thought about homemade food?

garfy said:
I feed mine "new era rift lake green pellets"
They love it.Not sure if you can get it there though.

Thanks I'll have to google that one :)
Sake said:
Have you ever thought about homemade food?

I've thought about that. I've made gel food for my goldfish before.
jetajockey said:
Here's one that popped up while digging around, appears to be an Australian site, no clue on how good their prices are.

Fish Foods - Food - New Life Spectrum - Reef Delivered
Bulk Aquarium Supplies / Bulk Fish Food - The Aquarium Shop Australia This one has the bucket sizes.

Ah, I know them. Think I've ordered something from there before. Having a look now they have 2.5kg for $150! My husband would have a heart attack if he saw me order $150 worth of food. Lol.

Last edited:
Thanks librarygirl. That's the one Jeta linked also. VERY expensive IMO and I don't think I'll ever use that much. lol
Lady Alia - Im pretty sure I've seen that one around. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom