Food Stuck In Pink Zebra Danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Bubble00

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought 4 Zebra Danios and I thought that they might be a little hungry, so I fed them some floating fish flakes. Few minutes after I fed them, I saw one of my Pink Zebra Danio seemed to have a problem closing his mouth, so I decided to take a look. I found one of the fish flake stuck in his mouth. He is still breathing, but sometimes almost unconcious. Tried to help him by netting him and scrape the flake out of his mouth, but scared I might injure him so I put him back. I tried extending his life time by increasing oxygen in the tank, hoping that the flake will soon be soft enough to be crushed, or else it'll be too late for him and I'm afraid to lose him since they are so cute [emoji21] [emoji31] . Especially with the blue lights on, they glow.

Somebody pls tell me how can I help him until the food get softer.

Chances are good your Zebra Danio will be fine. More than once I've had a large cichlid swimming around with one of his smaller tankmates stuck in mouth. Eventually the fish will spit it out or swallow. I have seen posts where the situation didn't end well, but that was with a stuck fish, not flake food.

Chances are good your Zebra Danio will be fine. More than once I've had a large cichlid swimming around with one of his smaller tankmates stuck in mouth. Eventually the fish will spit it out or swallow. I have seen posts where the situation didn't end well, but that was with a stuck fish, not flake food.
Thanks for the reply! So I found him this morning A-okay, I was really worried about him

Back
Top Bottom