Forgot something what now!?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Denbros

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been cycling for a long time and I forgot to seed my aquarium!!! I do not have any established filters. Also all my friends don't keep fish. Will beneficial bacteria still grow? Or is it actually important to seed good bacteria when cycling. :banghead:

I have been cycling for a long time and I forgot to seed my aquarium!!! I do not have any established filters. Also all my friends don't keep fish. Will beneficial bacteria still grow? Or is it actually important to seed good bacteria when cycling. :banghead:

You don't need to an established filter media to complete a nitrogen cycle, but it does accelerate the progress. All you need to start the cycle is an ammonia source, you can get ammonia by rotting food, ammonia chloride or fish in cycle!

How long have you been cycling?

Cheapo fish flakes are perfect. Usually the ones that come as a sample with a new tank. Always could use a one inch chuck of raw shrimp from the seafood counter. Too much more than that and it can get to stinking up the house. Like a salad shrimp type size piece not a super jumbo size shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom