Found another leech and the threaded BBA (Black Beard Algae)!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattyCakes81

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys, :(
Like the till title says, leeches and now it looks like I have like BBA (Black Beard Algae). The BBA is all over the plants. Don't know what to do.

The parameters are fine:
Ammo 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 20

Need your help guys. I don't want to lose any fish or all my plants.

What type lighting do you have and how many hours a day do you run it? Do you use CO2 or liquid carbon? You can spot treat algae with Hydrogen Peroxide but if you don't find the cause and address it the BBA will just come back.

What type lighting do you have and how many hours a day do you run it? Do you use CO2 or liquid carbon? You can spot treat algae with Hydrogen Peroxide but if you don't find the cause and address it the BBA will just come back.

I have 3 daylight CFL bulbs 10 Watts each on from 8:30am to 7:30pm on my 20 gal high. I don't use CO2 out liquid carbon.

tie a piece of liver to a decoration in your tank and if you see the leeches going for it they are bloodsucking leeches and are very bad for your fish if not they are plant eating leeches and arent whats killing your fish

Back
Top Bottom