found on rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunryze

Aquarium Advice Regular
this thing is growing in a hole in a peice of rock , it appears round but has a growth comming off it that looks like a tail, in fact when i first saw it i thought it was brown algea then as it grew i thought it was a worm with one end coiled around itself like a snake dose ? ,it dosnt move at all, not even when touched ,, its brown about the size of a pencil eracer but with a long skinny peice comming off of it ,, has bright orange teardrop shaped hairy things on it ( oval loops ??), the ovals are all the same size and cover this brown mass , i just found another on the side of the rock ,, i know a pic would help and i actually got a pretty good one but cant find the cord to hook the camera to the computer ,,, :roll: any clues????? ( sponge ??)

Sounds like it might be some type of rock anemone. Without a pic it's hard to say rather it's good or bad though. :wink:

vermetid snail

no i lookes up a pic , its not it ,, but thank you , i cant find my cord i think my son took it to school when he packed up his computer , ,, this thing is spongy looking , and whata thought was a tail comming off was actually another one , it is moving /or growing everyday , there are now 4 of them one is now 1/4" x 3/4 " its almost out of the hole so i may be able to captuer it on a regular carera and jsut scan a pic ,

another critter has shown it s face ,,, a gray slug with spikes poking out from every direction, about 1" long and as big around as a straw ,,

and on the glass in a 3" patch of clear algea is a bunch of white swimming dots ??? :?: :?: :?: :?:

The white swimming dots are probably copepods. Not sure about your slug. Hopefully you can get a picture of it too.

Back
Top Bottom