Four Leaf Clover Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
omg purigen is so awsome. It came in this morning and I put some in my 10g tank (which i was having trouble with nitrites with) and now its REALLY clear and the nitrites actually went down.
I just added a small packet inside the filter I made for the 5.5g. I just cut the bag it came with and used a hot knife to melt seal it back. Thank you mebbid for the idea of the purigen!

Attachments

• IMG_0432.jpg
    IMG_0432.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 50
UPDATE* the eco complete came! So I completed the tank. I must say I like the way it turned out. The only thing im unsure of is if I planted the plants correctly...
The back is M. Quadrifolia. The middle is M. minuta. The front is M. crenata (they sent me the wrong one again, but its ok...)
The only one that came submerged was the minuta, which is why it looks the best at the moment. The quadrifolia and crenata I had to cut off the top and I cut the running stems up and spread them. I wonder if this was the correct thing to do?
The filter I had to shorten because it couldnt fit.

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 71
20 days later update*
tank undergone many changes. first is the filter. i removed my diy spongefilter because i didnt like it. i find power filters more effective, so i bought a small one for 20 bucks but its worth it. second i removed the plastic boarders from the sand/substrate cuz it didnt look good and unnatural. third, the tank had an algae or fungus idk what outbreak, so i had to do major cleaning and i treated it with api funguscure. finally, it now homes my new betta i got for my birthday (oct 14)! havnt figured out a name yet :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom