Four Line Catfish and Black Neon Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liamdalr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently was advised by my LFS that Four Lined Catfish (P. Blochi) would be a good community fish that will grow to about 5 inches. I have often found the staff at the LFS to be a good source of information so bought two of these fish on their recommendation. However, reading about these fish it seems that they tend to eat smaller fish. I have Black neons and small Bolivian Rams in a 90gal. Does anyone have experience with these fish? Are they serously predatory? Should I be removing them a.s.a.p?
Any input would be appreciated!
Thank you
Liam

Sent from my LG-H812 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi I have kept four line cats before and they are reasonably safe with other fish BUT,anything that will fit in their mouth they will try to eat. So unless your other fish are pretty small they should be safe. Feed them some frozen mussel now and again,my cats love that when I give them some!:)

Thanks for your input, Stingray4. Now do you know how large they get? And do you think Black Neons will fit in their mouths? They are fairly new edition and smallest edition to my tank so hoping not to loose them.
Liam

Sent from my LG-H812 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom