Fowlr tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kjboer7

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking at two different tanks one is a 120g 48x24x24 I think or a 125 72x18x24 or whatever the standard is. What tank would be better. I don't want to be limited with the fish I buy. But I like the idea of wider and not as long but I'm newer to salt water so I want what's best.

I would personally go with the 125g. :) I think it is best because it gives the fish the most swimming room to go back and forth (since it is longer). Fish like Tangs especially need a 6ft long tank because they are so active. (There are a few, however that will do fine in a 75g+).

Also the 125 is more money and has a bunch of really nice coral it would only be moved like 10 miles but it very cold here (indiana) and I'm afraid I'd lose the coral either in transport or because I'm newer to salt water I had a tank a couple years ago but it was only up for a couple of months before it was plagued with ick and killed everything

Well I'm not total sure yet but I like tangs, and angel fish, my wife wants a porkiepine puffer which as far as I know like none of those could go in a coral tank? I like the bigger fish that's why the big tank and not a nano

Well I'm not total sure yet but I like tangs, and angel fish, my wife wants a porkiepine puffer which as far as I know like none of those could go in a coral tank? I like the bigger fish that's why the big tank and not a nano

I like those fish too.

To answer your question, Tangs are generally reef safe. :)

I just went and looked at the 125 and it's crap the guy didn't take care of it and there's a lot of DIY done for the system, going to look at the 120 tomorrow and thanks for the info I'll let ya know what I end up with

Well i looked at the 120 and it was worse then the 125 :( so I'm going with the 125 I'm just gonna redo the pluming and the cabinet any last suggestions on move that beast

I hope the pics load

Attachments

• image-3270276774.jpg
    image-3270276774.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 107
  • image-3522752267.jpg
    image-3522752267.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3918400371.jpg
    image-3918400371.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3267315692.jpg
    image-3267315692.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 92
Get some strong friends and make sure it's fairly level during transport. You definitely don't want to tweak the thing and have it crack.

Holy crap that sucked lol oh well this thing looks huge in my little house lost one fish so far the guy I bought the tank from forgot he was in there and we was in a shell or something :( and dried out. Hopefully that's it all the numbers are ok right now when do you think I should do a water change

I saved about 100 gallons maybe a little more so I guess i did about a 15-20% water change already

Thank you everyone for your help I hope I can be help to someone some day as well the move went great checked my water again today and everything looks great and fish eat today and they are all out and swimming around they look great wouldn't have done it with out you :) lol

Back
Top Bottom