Fresh Meat! FOWLR N00b. 1st SW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BEE-U-TIFUL tank!!! Nice clowns also... They're stunning.

You're off to a good start!!! :)

Gotta agree with what was said...that Angel will get BIG, but if a 200g is in the works, it should be fine for now. I would wait in the Yellow Tang, as the larger tank will be better for it. There are Tangs that will work for a 75g though, so if you've got to have a Tang now, there are possibilities. Live aquaria.com has great info on specifications for fish (and compatability).

Keep an eye on you parameters. 0 nitrates but some nitrites is odd. Trites will turn to trates. So many fish, so fast is going to add lots of ammonia and if there are not enough BB, then things could spike quickly.

Thanks Packohotdogs. They are some of the nicest looking clowns I've ever seen. especially the female.

I tested again today..
High Range pH= 8.2
Ammonia=0
Nitrites=0
Nitrates=0

light yellow/green algae starting to grow over the sand and parts of the liverock. Should I back the lighting down some?

That algae growing is the cycle starting! Justblet it be, and tests probably won't point out anything right now, because alage will consume all the available nitrates and phosphates.

If fish are breathing normally, be at ease. If they star breathing super fast or stop eating, that indicates something's being too much in water chemestry.

Keep us informed, i'm super interested with this topic!

I blew off the algae..I did a 20% water change.. clearmax in my filter and cranked the lights down.. 4 days now and no signs of any more algae. looks like it was probably too much lighting..

pH=8.2
Amm: 0.0
Nitrite: 0.0
Nitrate 0.0

Fish have been in for almost 2 weeks. When should I expect an ammonia spike?

I'm testing every day and it's getting cumbersome. You guys just have me second guessing. ;)

Back
Top Bottom