FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will the Gudgeons compete for food with the other fish I have? Or will it require target feeding? My original plan included kuhli loaches; not sure if I pull the trigger and get them.

Your tank is gorgeous!

I heard that male peacocks might have issues so I got 1M/2F. They are definitely mid to lower level fish. Mine are with otos, pygmaeus, and habrosus cories. They really just seem to mind their own business...sometimes swimming, sometimes resting on the gravel. I even found one hiding in a piece of cholla wood when I was cleaning the tank tonight. Really awesome fish!

Thinking about it. They don't quite fit the semi-nano theme I've got going. But it has lots of hiding spaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The kuhlies will benefit by eating any leftover food fob all these new fish ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry, I don't remember: do you have any bottom feeders in your tank?

I love kuhlis, absolutely my favorite fish and actually one of the first I kept a million years ago. I currently have them in my Endlers tank. They go from zero to hundred and back in seconds, end up literally hanging around in odd places in the tank...very interesting looking and entertaining.

And the peacocks. Lots of folks here recommended them but I hesitated...did Google image searches and there was something about the eyes, I don't know. But they are definitely little peaceful gems. As they've gotten settled in I notice they'll come to the front of the tank when I'm there; last night one of them was exploring my hand as I was doing a WC.

Here's a shot from yesterday, can't believe one of the CPDs was rather still! And excuse the val, we've had some melt issues here recently :whistle:

img_3185704_0_7a785a62755e3679125461462865304f.jpg

Fish are doing fine. Eating, swimming, not dying.
Limnophila due for trimming.

Haha!
Love the limno. I would like to buy some of that off of you if you have cuttings when my 40 is set up!

Fresh,

I've hopefully got a shipment of CPDs coming into my LFS this week. Anything I should worry about food-wise? I've got some frozen goodies, but I'd like to primarily feed New Life Spectrum. What was your experience?

Haha!
Love the limno. I would like to buy some of that off of you if you have cuttings when my 40 is set up!

Let me know when you are ready. I know of other sources as well.

Fresh,

I've hopefully got a shipment of CPDs coming into my LFS this week. Anything I should worry about food-wise? I've got some frozen goodies, but I'd like to primarily feed New Life Spectrum. What was your experience?

I found they will eat NLS flakes (crushed). They have small mouths. They have been eating that and freeze dried brine shrimp and tubifex worms. They can be skittish but they have no problem swimming around with the rambunctious furcata rainbows.
Frozen should be fine (probably more palatable).

Sorry, I don't remember: do you have any bottom feeders in your tank?

Here's a shot from yesterday, can't believe one of the CPDs was rather still! And excuse the val, we've had some melt issues here recently :whistle:

img_3185939_0_7a785a62755e3679125461462865304f.jpg

Nice pic! Thanks for the peacock and kuhli info. I currently have 4 amanos and 2 Otos. My LFS regularly gets Kuhlis. I would have to ask them about the Gudgeons.

Thanks! "Macarena" doing okay. Not red; more greenish yellow but it's growing.

Thinking about it. They don't quite fit the semi-nano theme I've got going. But it has lots of hiding spaces.

Heeeeey*Macarena AAAhAA!*I'm glad that they're still growing for ya. Mine "color" only when they reach a few inches from the top.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice video and your tank looks so alive. I like the music too. What video editor do you use?

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow! You have a lot of fish in there - love the movement and the activity. Also love the plant combinations - very nice!

Those rainbows look wild! Tank looks nice and frahfrahhhhfreshhh :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The rainbows look great!!

brookster- please tell me you danced around and you posted that lol

I think this is one of the happiest looking tanks I've ever seen.

Thanks for the kind replies, all. I am happy with this group of fish. Very colorful and lively.
Using a free app called Capture for the videos.
Got a package in the mail today. What could it be???
XZ5BrEq.png

Only a lifetime supply of food! Well, close. Nonetheless, it's a lot. Includes NLS, Omega One..yummy. Yeah, EggHead! My fish thank you!
SaylYVt.png

In other news, I switched out a diffuser to clean it and noticed that the working pressure dropped to zero. Adjusted it and the BPS to 4-5. I think even with the HOB output mods, there is still too much surface agitation leading to CO2 loss IMO. Tank pressure is at 800 psi; one thing about this reg is when is near empty it can go from 1000 psi to zero overnight. Not gradual at all. Currently using the Fluval diffuser. Have not used it in months and pleasantly surprised with the very fine mist coming out of it.
I looked at my cabinet and with a little rearranging (and a table saw), I should be able to fit a canister in there. That's one less thing to build because the wife wants a 16'x8' pergola out back. Much more work than building a new cabinet.

Thanks for the kind replies, all. I am happy with this group of fish. Very colorful and lively.
XZ5BrEq.png

Only a lifetime supply of food! Well, close. Nonetheless, it's a lot. Includes NLS, Omega One..yummy. Yeah, EggHead! My fish thank you!
SaylYVt.png

In other news, I switched out a diffuser to clean it and noticed that the working pressure dropped to zero. Adjusted it and the BPS to 4-5. I think even with the HOB output mods, there is still too much surface agitation leading to CO2 loss IMO. Tank pressure is at 800 psi; one thing about this reg is when is near empty it can go from 1000 psi to zero overnight. Not gradual at all. Currently using the Fluval diffuser. Have not used it in months and pleasantly surprised with the very fine mist coming out of it.
I looked at my cabinet and with a little rearranging (and a table saw), I should be able to fit a canister in there. That's one less thing to build because the wife wants a 16'x8' pergola out back. Much more work than building a new cabinet.

Oh I wish I could call that a lifetime of food. LOL

:)
I know people don't like tetra brand normally but those wafers my otos really enjoy plus it packs some protein for them

XZ5BrEq.png

SaylYVt.png

Use the "I have to practice on the cabinet so I don't mess up the pergola, you wouldn't want bad fits where alot of people can see it." line on the wife

Oh I wish I could call that a lifetime of food. LOL

I don't that many fish so I might freeze some of the food. I fear that it would go stale before I use it all. I only have one tank of nano fish.

:)
I know people don't like tetra brand normally but those wafers my otos really enjoy plus it packs some protein for them

Hopefully I will try it out tonight.

Use the "I have to practice on the cabinet so I don't mess up the pergola, you wouldn't want bad fits where alot of people can see it." line on the wife

The cabinet will only take a little work (cut a shelf in half, remount it, drill a pair of 2" holes). Still have not decided on a canister so I can put that on hold.
The pergola on the other hand will be a project. I need check if a permit is needed, research plans, and start building.

Back
Top Bottom