FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Things were getting over grown so I did some trimming and replanting. The Blyxa looked awful in the corner so I moved it to the right mid ground area. AR, pogo, and star repens mowed down and replanted.
Before:
hHAnO2r.png

After:
1kqIUIp.png

Yeah, quite a bit removed. Not sure which plants in this tank would appreciate osmocote+ root tabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Awesome plants!

Congrats David. Tank really looks healthy. Looks like you have the AR mini back to good health. I don't see any curled leaves in the pic. OS.

Hey OS! Yeah, I've been having better luck with the AR mini. I've even sent some out to other AA members. The experiment of growing them out in the pond was so-so. Lots of out of control factors such as the sun, nutrients, algae. They are still growing out there despite the cool temps.
The Ammania bonsai has done well. I'm tempted to grow a batch of them in high humidity and convert them to house plants.
Thanks for checking in. A lot of what I've learned has come from following your posts and advice.

I was surprised how much the Amm. Bonsaii reacted when I added pressurized CO2. The stuff got bigger leaves and grew much faster. My AR mini really improved only slightly. I found some iron rich root tabs helped the AR mini most. I still have the old leaf algae problem with it though. OS

The ammania weed as fresh refers to.. i just learned last night that it's true rotala indica. . Boy I feel stupid posting a thread for true rotala indica in another forum haha.. this stuff has grown like crazy in my tank.. 4 month before and after..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1416783147831.jpg
    1416783147831.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 1416783156982.jpg
    1416783156982.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 72
WOW, wtg. Brookster the BONSAII man! Hiiieee Karate! OS

It's your plant man.. i just didn't kill it haha. I do wax on...wax off the algae from time to time...

The ammania weed as fresh refers to.. i just learned last night that it's true rotala indica. . Boy I feel stupid posting a thread for true rotala indica in another forum haha.. this stuff has grown like crazy in my tank.. 4 month before and after..

Is the rotala indica the plant in the background or midground??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Background is rotala rotundifolia often passed off as indica, true is in the middle.. should grow talker and pink up under high light.

Ha! I called broadleaf chain swords dwarf sag on this thread for about 8 months. Aqua_chem set me straight.
Yes, this is a hardy fast growing plant.

Ha! I called broadleaf chain swords dwarf sag on this thread for about 8 months. Aqua_chem set me straight.
Yes, this is a hardy fast growing plant.

Dude... you don't even know dwarf sag... haha. Clearly you wernt the only one if it continued for 8 months with out correction;) how's your blyxa taking?

Dude... you don't even know dwarf sag... haha. Clearly you wernt the only one if it continued for 8 months with out correction;) how's your blyxa taking?

I think folks were too polite or embarrassed to say anything. Oops, I forgot where we are.
To make it worse, I rec'd both dwarf sag and broadleaf chain swords in the same plant order. I mixed up the quantities and got it wrong from the start. I did wonder at the time why the broadleaf chain swords had such thin leaves. And why dwarf sag had wide leaves. Duh.
Both plants grew too quickly for the tank and both were banished to the pond. I did manage 1 dwarf sag and 2 BLC swords.
Blyxa is hanging in there. Still waiting on new leaves to appear. However, I think I see new leaves growing on the ones I left floating in the holding tank.

It happens... just noticed.. i left some of the star repens in a bucket under the table, figured they'd be done for.. nope.. look pretty darn good. I'm going to plant them in my 5.5 for the heck of it! I really like the blyxa... very cool plant..

Nice looking Rotala wallichi! Was it a hard plant to acclimate?

Nice looking Rotala wallichi! Was it a hard plant to acclimate?

This plant was not difficult. It does require ample spacing (which I am not providing at the moment). Otherwise, the bottom parts of the plant lose the nice color, shed leaves, and collect algae. It was shipped as a submerged plant so the transition was pretty easy.
It's neighbor, Pogostemon erectus, was grown emersed and suffered an 80-90% die off during the transition. Only 1" stubs of green growth survived. After 5 months they have taken over the back of my tank.

One thing really bugs me about your tank Fresh. Please please please remove the heater and clean the algae off it lol. Lovely looking plants though

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

One thing really bugs me about your tank Fresh. Please please please remove the heater and clean the algae off it lol. Lovely looking plants though

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Your wish is my command! Clean as a whistle. Check it out:
u7ron3c.png

Obligatory FTS:
oEIqHej.png

Seeing new growth on the Blyxa. New leaves have a mottled crimson/red pattern. I believe that is a good sign.
Gk7CJqD.png

url]

Last edited:
Hahah there you go sk3lly!!

Man now that thing is really visible. Get that algae back on there! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom