FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking great Fresh! The spider wood is sweet looking and is gonna look great in there too.
Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can't wait to get started on this. Between beer, basketball, and spouse out of town, I think I will find time for this. ????

So awesome fresh. I'm super proud of your glosso and how easy you make it look!
Sorry I've been ghost...got the house so I'm doing a lot of work up there, prepping for fish transport...very scared!

I've been keeping tabs...congrats on the house. I was thinking of throwing some crypt parva your way as a housewarming gift.

When will you be putting in the dw?

Probably tomorrow morning. Next thing I need to do remove all of the stem plants on the hill and position the DW. Then trim and replant the AR mini around the "tree trunks".
I will either let the Glosso works its way up the slope on its own or pull some runners from the lower regions replant it.
Here is the new and old DW together. I call it ebony and ivory. Stark contrast; the new pieces should darken over time. I also have a few pieces that can be used to help bank the slope.
kdlLJw8h.jpg

Name fits perfectly. I really like the flow/angle of all the pieces. Works as a good anchor while giving plenty of depth to grow plants around it. Nice.

I was going to wait until today to do this but got impatient and did this last night. Cleared out a bunch of plants and mixed the old and new DW and added it to the tank. This was at 3 AM and the water got stirred up a bit:
YIzRN7Hh.jpg
Closeup:
KbDSzT1h.jpg
Crypt removed and AR mini planted on the hill:
zgkoeiQh.jpg
Another view:
LL49ZvTh.jpg

I think I'm pleased with this. I might start transplanting some Glosso to get it going on the hill.

Nice looks good jus got some glosso from lfs my dwarf hair grass is starting to spread little

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Ah yes the all night tank rescape. All to familiar. Looks great and good flow. The red touch with ar will contrast against the bright green glosso nicely. Starting to resemble an iwagumi build. ?

Ah yes the all night tank rescape. All to familiar. Looks great and good flow. The red touch with ar will contrast against the bright green glosso nicely. Starting to resemble an iwagumi build. ?

I did not want to use the "I" word but in the back of my mind I was picturing something like that. Field of green broken by upward branches and a splash of red. Still too many plants in here for iwugami but striving for that type of simplicity.

Parvaaa haha. I absolutely love the way the driftwood looks in the tank it's perfect!

I was going to wait until today to do this but got impatient and did this last night. Cleared out a bunch of plants and mixed the old and new DW and added it to the tank. This was at 3 AM and the water got stirred up a bit:
YIzRN7Hh.jpg
Closeup:
KbDSzT1h.jpg
Crypt removed and AR mini planted on the hill:
zgkoeiQh.jpg
Another view:
LL49ZvTh.jpg

I think I'm pleased with this. I might start transplanting some Glosso to get it going on the hill.

Looks great!

The Glosso carpet thickness along the front was getting to me so I cut out a ~1-2" strip along the front glass. It pulled out pretty easily. I replanted the strip in the back and on the slope in front of the AR mini. I did not bother with the "separate and plant singly" approach. Just shoved the strips into the EcoComplete. I also reburied the base of the DW collection and that made the water very cloudy.
VH5b51Sh.jpg
w0vcHwIh.jpg
xSrJMjdh.jpg

I have a little Glosso left over as well as some HC Cuba that was tangled in the mess. I might drop it into the shrimp tank. Or into the terrarium.

That would be awesome in the terrarium. I want to do one eventually.

The HC is doing better in my terrarium than the aquarium. Terrariums are easy to setup and very low maintenance.
I've still got the parva and some Glosso floating around in my holding tank (hint-hint).

The Glosso carpet thickness along the front was getting to me so I cut out a ~1-2" strip along the front glass. It pulled out pretty easily. I replanted the strip in the back and on the slope in front of the AR mini. I did not bother with the "separate and plant singly" approach. Just shoved the strips into the EcoComplete. I also reburied the base of the DW collection and that made the water very cloudy.
VH5b51Sh.jpg
w0vcHwIh.jpg
xSrJMjdh.jpg

I have a little Glosso left over as well as some HC Cuba that was tangled in the mess. I might drop it into the shrimp tank. Or into the terrarium.

Nice and clean! Your scape is coming together, Fresh!

First time trying a TRUE carpet plant and it went better than I thought. Why didn't I try this sooner? I will have to figure out how to thin it out before it starts to grow over itself (looks messy and undergrowth will turn yellow). I guess snip, snip, snip. Runners pull out of the substrate pretty easily.

I glued some stray HC Cuba to a piece of DW:
PYTuLs3h.jpg
It had become dislodged and was floating amongst the spawn of Satan, errr duckweed.
Did not attend the local fish club all day auction today ? Between 700-800 items were listed on the pre-auction website. Towards the end they are practically giving things away. Food truck on site as well. Had other pressing, non-aquatic, items to attend to instead. I would have carved out a third to half of my Glosso and put that in the auction mix if I could. The two things that caught my eye were CPDs and CRS.

I glued some stray HC Cuba to a piece of DW:
PYTuLs3h.jpg
It had become dislodged and was floating amongst the spawn of Satan, errr duckweed.
Did not attend the local fish club all day auction today ? Between 700-800 items were listed on the pre-auction website. Towards the end they are practically giving things away. Food truck on site as well. Had other pressing, non-aquatic, items to attend to instead. I would have carved out a third to half of my Glosso and put that in the auction mix if I could. The two things that caught my eye were CPDs and CRS.

Wow, you have great auctions out there!!!! Sorry you missed it. When is the next one?

Back
Top Bottom