FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, you have great auctions out there!!!! Sorry you missed it. When is the next one?

They are fun to watch. Sugar addicts in a candy store. You know someone is serious when they come in with coolers and a dolly. I bring a small cooler because you never know.
There is a mini-auction each month and really big ones in April and October.

I really like the contrast in the drift wood colors.

Was not sure how it would turn out. Started out like this:
KbDSzT1h.jpg
Stay tuned. Who knows what this tank will look like in 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I selected a few pieces of the raffle manzanita and mounted them on a 4"x4" SS mesh using SS screws.
hDlZl7Oh.jpg
rRLfnUoh.jpg
I want to put this in my planted tank. That means I need to make some room. I plan to REMOVE ALL of the plants and DW on the left side. Then I will coordinate the existing DW and the new DW on the empty hill. I plan on keeping the AR mini, Downoi, Ammania bonsai, and pogo erectus (blue circles). The crypt parva, pogo quadrifolius, and what's left of the Limno aromatica, Rotala macrandra, and Ludwigia species 'red' (yellow circles) will need new homes.
2yBeofMh.jpg
Then the Glosso will be allowed to carpet the tank.
Not sure when I will get the time to do this; perhaps this coming weekend.

Appreciate the info here Fresh!

It had become dislodged and was floating amongst the spawn of Satan, errr duckweed.

You know duckweed has its uses. It isn't light or co2 limited so it's a good indicator of lack of nutrients in the tank. That didn't stop them smirking at me when I asked if they had any at one of the fish stores I go to.

You know duckweed has its uses. It isn't light or co2 limited so it's a good indicator of lack of nutrients in the tank. That didn't stop them smirking at me when I asked if they had any at one of the fish stores I go to.

If only we were not separated by a big pond. There is actually a member of a local fish club that takes duckweed donations. It is for her goldfish. Members bring her baggies of it at the monthly meetings.
Even if I remove all of it from the surface, there are strays that get trapped in the vegetation and later rise and repopulate.
I know it is a good water/fert/light indicator. It's more tolerable in my shrimp tank as it provides shade and consumes nutrients. Just an eyesore in my planted tank.

This looks really cool! The aqua-scaping is great!

Thanks! 3+ years and 2200+ posts later, this tank has seen a lot of changes.
I'm more of the "set it and forget it" type but the plants keeps things in flux. Did not expect the Glosso to behave like this. I might pull 2/3 of it from the tank as it is starting to grow over itself and resemble a low shrub versus a carpet. It has cover most of the star repens. I missed a big local auction this past weekend so this may appear in the classified section.

Here is a 19 second video of my tank. No music. No narration. Possibly heavy breathing. [youtube]http://youtu.be/wQF5ytTx4Ro[/YouTube]

Here is a 19 second video of my tank. No music. No narration. Possibly heavy breathing. [youtube]http://youtu.be/wQF5ytTx4Ro[/YouTube]

Nice video, Fresh! I didn't hear any heavy breathing ?

Edit: What is your flow rate in this tank? Just interested.

Nice video, Fresh! I didn't hear any heavy breathing ?

I will try harder next time.

Edit: What is your flow rate in this tank? Just interested.

A single AC50. I think the GPH is between 150-200. I was running a pair of them but the taller stem plants were getting pushed around. With the current setup I could add another.

Nice idk what im doing wrong with my tank i feel an look like theres no growth or i don't have enough light idk good looking tank tho

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice idk what im doing wromg with my tank i feel an look like theres no growth or i don't have enough light idk good looking tank tho

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

I went back to your planted tank build thread and, although you list the fish, details on lighting, ferts, CO2, substrate, and plants are missing. Providing those will help get a picture of what's going on.

Been at least since an update...I removed a bunch of Glosso from the tank:
QBtbqXth.jpg

It really needed it. Can't decide if I should let the Glosso naturally fill in the open area or plant individual stems for a more even carpet.
So excited to see the Staur repens again

Back
Top Bottom