FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you mention plane tickets and a credit card, then I'll think about it. ? Still have those snails I sent you? The gift that keeps on giving. Thanks for the compliment! This has been a long, slow build.
I wish I could make hardscape look good. With exotic stones (e.g. - seiryu). That's not a strong area for me and I compensate by smothering it with plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Dude I have like 5 million of those snails now. I'll turn on the lights late at night to see them all out, creeps me out haha. When I tear this tank down and scoop out the substrate I'm already expecting to be grossed out by a bucket of moving sand.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Daaaaamn Fresh! Tank looks sick. I will be using this tank for inspiration. Keep up the awesome work!

I pulled out two large patches of Staurogyne repens and it left a mess:
hli9vwUh.jpg

These plants have a large root system:
JD88LWDh.jpg
I trimmed about 2 dozen "tops" and replanted them.
Tank is still clearing up; so glad this is NOT a dirted tank:
mSJOnWCh.jpg

I left a small area open for some more dwarf baby tears. The ones in the tank are starting to spread. I have more growing in a pair of small terrariums.

All my tank threads were taking down due to me being at work more than home, but set up the mini m at work finally love ADA
6dc65dff56c1742058eb970a4807a7cc.jpg

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Wow, what a nice bunch of Stauro!

Roots and all, it was as big as a head of lettuce and was comprised of just two clumps of plants. Replanting this would be a challenge without trimming the roots back. Much easier to snip off a few choice sprouts and plant those. I may drop the rest of it in the pond to see how it does. I've seen (in pics) S. repens grown potted as a houseplant.
Remember the DBT/HC Cuba I dropped into some "terrariums" a couple months back? They are filling in nicely. I'll need to carve out more room in the tank and add some of these. They will be tied to SS mesh with fishing line as I am not putting up with the snail's hijinks.
z3cqQ6qh.jpg
ArjCg1vh.jpg
Cork for scale :)

All my tank threads were taking down due to me being at work more than home, but set up the mini m at work finally love ADA
6dc65dff56c1742058eb970a4807a7cc.jpg

Start a new thread for Mini M so that we can follow its progress.
One day I may try one of the ADA substrates. So far EC has been working for me. As for the ADA tanks, a bit too rich for my budget. They look nice though.

Will do buddy. An yea they are espeacially the lights. I still have my ada 60p saving for the 601

I pulled out two large patches of Staurogyne repens and it left a mess:
hli9vwUh.jpg

These plants have a large root system:
JD88LWDh.jpg
I trimmed about 2 dozen "tops" and replanted them.
Tank is still clearing up; so glad this is NOT a dirted tank:
mSJOnWCh.jpg

I left a small area open for some more dwarf baby tears. The ones in the tank are starting to spread. I have more growing in a pair of small terrariums.

That's quite a trimming! The tank is looking good.

That's quite a trimming! The tank is looking good.

Thanks! Thought I'd leave a pic after the water has cleared up:
yzvKffph.jpg

I still have a ton of Staur repens left; it in the holding tank with the rest of the trimmings.
I need to make more room in the open area for the HC Cuba. Probably some Downoi will need to go.
Measured the TDS prior to a WC I did last night: 268. Forgot to measure it afterwards. Trying to keep it in the low 200s.

Throwback Tuesday? Is there such a thing? Anyhow, I found a video of my planted tank from earlier in the year when I was running a Finnex 24/7 on it. The fish seemed more outgoing and relaxed in the morning and evening hours when the intensity was lower and the reds and blues were enhanced. Enjoy!
[youtube]https://youtu.be/a9aGLlQ1PKg[/YouTube] a

Brilliant. Nice vid. This tank always seems so huge to me. I think this is why I want a long tank.

Reminds me of Zangarmarsh in world of Warcraft ?

Thanks! Tank looks nothing like that now. A few plant species came and went over the months. Especially the glosso. After taking over 3/4 of the tank, it was removed completely, though a sprig can be found here and there.
Looking to do a mini-scape soon. I need to remove a bunch of AR mini and Downoi to make room for the HC Cuba that has been filling up some terrariums. I think it ready for a true carpet. Not that glosso infestation. I like Staur repens as a carpet but I want something with finer leaves to keep things on scale. That and nano fish make this tank look larger than it is.
I had to Google "Z" because I've not see the movie yet nor played the game (WoW). Good observation!

Thanks! Tank looks nothing like that now. A few plant species came and went over the months. Especially the glosso. After taking over 3/4 of the tank, it was removed completely, though a sprig can be found here and there.
Looking to do a mini-scape soon. I need to remove a bunch of AR mini and Downoi to make room for the HC Cuba that has been filling up some terrariums. I think it ready for a true carpet. Not that glosso infestation. I like Staur repens as a carpet but I want something with finer leaves to keep things on scale. That and nano fish make this tank look larger than it is.
I had to Google "Z" because I've not see the movie yet nor played the game (WoW). Good observation!

How do you find the Downoi? Would you class this as a true carpet?

I really like the look of the S.Repens. Never tried it. Is it a runner?

Back
Top Bottom