Freshwater sump/refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mashpotatoes74402

Aquarium Advice Freak
How big of a sump tank should I have for my 75 gallon tank. Reason for building this is I wanna be able to afford a higher bio load in case I'm gone for a few days. And I like to be able to add chemicals ( hopefully wont have to much) without putting it directly into my tank.

Attachments

• image-3380520950.jpg
    image-3380520950.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 75
From what i understand a sump can be as big as you want it to be. A sump just adds more water volume to your tank to help it be more stable. Saltwater people use them to hid equipment and that is unsightly and for a place to add fish corals ex. As for chemicals it wont benefit you as you will have to add more to achieve the same results due to the high water volume.

I have seen people use a 20g sump for a 100g tank but use what you think will work best.

How big of a sump tank should I have for my 75 gallon tank. Reason for building this is I wanna be able to afford a higher bio load in case I'm gone for a few days. And I like to be able to add chemicals ( hopefully wont have to much) without putting it directly into my tank.
I've seen people using a ten gallon sump for a 55, so yeah, a ten or maybe a twenty gallon sump. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom