freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
all i can say is that im so pleased that this has been something she and i enjoy.

Always nice when a couple has something to enjoy together. :) While my wife has no desire to do any of the upkeep and/or research, it is nice to see her walk over and stare at the tank. :) She does a much better job of finding all the "Little Critters" than I do.

Ha. I like the bi color angel too! I'd really like to get a Sailfin but I'm pretty sure we can't have one in outr tank.

you should have showed her and ugly bi-color! thats what i would have done.

She picked it out, not me. I wanted the flame or potter.... I told her she could have input on a fish so she felt she contributed to the tank. (She's currently stationed in Germany). So it makes her happy, I'll do it.:angel:

She picked it out, not me. I wanted the flame or potter.... I told her she could have input on a fish so she felt she contributed to the tank. (She's currently stationed in Germany). So it makes her happy, I'll do it.:angel:
how could you not put a bi-color in after knowing that?

thats rough man, i hope she comes home to you soon.

We are working on it. I got a new stock list, check it out and give me your opinion.... Its on my new tank thread...

dsb in the sump for this 75 or no dsb?

ill probably get some glass today or at least ordered today.

i like having a game plan.

ive been cautioned against a yellow tang. please tell me why i cannot have one.
i know that some of the lfs have one in their coral displays for a reason and they do not offer the swim room that i have in my 75. also if for some reason they grow big or need the length of a 6' tank we should have one in a years time.

please educate me.

I only say caution with a yellow or blue tang because of their activity. There are some tangs that can do just fine in a 75g. :)

The smaller tank can stress the tang and cause all sorts of issues. Just passing on what I have learned here. I wanted one sooo bad in my four foot tank but I knew I couldnt do that to the fish, I would feel horrible if something had happened.

There are other ways to eliminate algae that are better suited to your tank.

If you are planning on upgrading within a month or two I don't think it would be an issue if you get a small one but if youre looking at next year there could be problems.

Since the tang police has been off lately I have to share what I know. Stress is your biggest worry.

what tangs can i put in the 75 and keep in it that would look close and act close to the yellow tang? we want movement in the tank.

From what I understand, tangs are a bit prone to diseases more than usual. If you were to put a tang in a small tank, the stress would prob make the tang even more prone to disease:( lots n lots of horizontal swim room and the lil torpedoes are happy

My Kole seems awesome. Doing great. Even comes out when it see's me now.

i get that i do, but then why do the lfs keep them in 24" square reef tanks? the ones they keep in those tanks are not for sale because they where put in it to help control what ever i forgot what.

the guy does know his stuff and not just some punk off the streets working for minimum wage.

Kole tangs would work, as well as tomini's and the various bristletooth ones. There may be a few others.

Why not go with a lemonpeel angel? They look exactly like a yellow tang. :)
Thats what I was gonna do

in all honesty, id say its a mistake on his part, they arejust uber-active swimmers, and although the tangs may be alive, who knows how stressed or healthy they are:( not saying that he doesnt know what hes doing, but everyone makes mistakes now and again in this hobby:)and when researching on liveaquaria, take into account their adult size and true swimming stye. iz noticed that they can be a lil generous sometimes with minimum sizes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom