freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coffeetwitch said:
yes its kinda creepy, and hopefully i can keep it until we get our big tank where it can be a kinda cool creepy.

Flame, bi-color, or potter angelfish? I gotta get another one.

stand by. flame!!!

im going to do a 40g breeder fowlr and its going to house my eel so i can continue this 75. and a flame angel. maybe a chocolate chip star. i need to do research. and a couple clowns.

sooo ahhhh hows that for a stocking? what kind of clean up crew can i get that the eel wont eat?

coffeetwitch said:
stand by. flame!!!

im going to do a 40g breeder fowlr and its going to house my eel so i can continue this 75. and a flame angel. maybe a chocolate chip star. i need to do research. and a couple clowns.

sooo ahhhh hows that for a stocking? what kind of clean up crew can i get that the eel wont eat?

Idk about a eel safe cuc... Where u putting the flame?

the flame will go in my 40g breeder. i just had a powwow with sweety pie.

im setting up a 40g fowler:
hob skimmer
lr
maybe a canister filter.
standard 2 bulb t5 low output light.

stocking:
the eel(until we get a big tank)
flame angel
2 clowns
maybe a chocolate chip star (pending what you guys think)
i need to find out what cuc i can put in the 40g with the eel
maybe a hawk fish.
and if you guys can suggest anything else i can put in it.

I wouldn't put anymore in the 40g. Also, you're going to need a lid for that tank, because it is very shallow, and the eel can easily get out, they DO get 2ft Long after all lol

hahaha yeah i dont need a repeat of the coral beauty incident only with me when i walk by.

and its only 8-10 inches now. i hope to get it in its permanent home before it gets too big.

for this 75 mixed reef:
she said she can get the cuc for it from reefcleaners.
i want to get a yellow tang to help out with the algae problem that seems to be coming in.
flame hawkfish.
down the road a wrasse. please help pic out one or advise!!! we where thinking of some sort of fairy
ive got to keep room for the mandarin.

ive forgoten the rest of the powwow... more on that after she finishes watching project runway.

the deal on the light fell through so im going to try to make some headway on the sump. glass for the baffels is $11/. i think im just going to get enough for a bubble trap for the skimmer, and one to maintain the water level in the fuge portion. so what a total of 4?

I wouldn't get a yellow tang for algae problems. The tang would create more algae with the amount of waste it produces lol.

+1 on the no tang for algae. Also, when are you upgrading your 75g? You know the tang doesnt belong in a 75g. :)

carey said:
+1 on the no tang for algae. Also, when are you upgrading your 75g? You know the tang doesnt belong in a 75g. :)

And Carey has whipped out her tang police badge.... Lol... J/K

carey leave your stick alone. please!

the big tank may be a year off.

what can i do about the algae?

what fish can i have in this 75 mixed reef tank? its time to seek your advice. please help!

we saw a 6 line at the lfs but ive heard they are kinda stand offish with each other. so if we can only have one then we want it to be a pretty one that we both like

Do you use RO/DI water? If not, then that's your problem. I would also start to feed every other day, if you don't already.

slitherbomb said:
Do you use RO/DI water? If not, then that's your problem. I would also start to feed every other day, if you don't already.

We DO use ro/di water! He bought us the thingy and topped the water off a couple days ago

Back
Top Bottom