fridge filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok my fridge is equipped with a rather nice water purifier, even though it makes the water Ice cold I'm thinking of keeping it in 5 gallon buckets with a heater and powerhead to keep it from getting stagnant, anyone see any probelsm with this? obviously I'll do this in the morning before a water change, I think bad water is why i'm having so much algea probelms

Shouldn't be a problem IMO of course once it is heated LOL. I have a fridge that does the same and that water is COLD!

It would be easier to let the water warm up to room temp before putting in the heaters. A couple of 5 gallon buckets would be good too.

I was gonna use a couple 5 gallon buckets, but all mine have residue left over from the stuff that was in them, such as concrete, roofing tar stuff, etc.

I would investigate exactly what your fridge filter does. The ones I've seen are simply a micron filter and carbon...no RO/DI that I have seen (doesn't mean they don't exist though)

Unless your tap water is known to be contaminated with heavy metals, nitrates or phosphates, just use it, and a good dechlorinator like Prime.

mine has high phosphates actuyally, I doi a couple water changes and the tank goes to crud real quick, algea paradise, iono why though, the tnak is no where near sunlight, feeding is pre measured amounts, lighhts are on 12 hour timers, I hate water chemistry lol

Back
Top Bottom