friend or enemy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocean

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Looking at my liverock seeing if I have any new animals. ( 40 lbs. Of liverock in a ten waiting to go in a 40 breeder ) I was keeping the bb going with ammonia but changed to using fish food so I wouldn't harm/kill my stars or snails that came in the rock. Now I see I have maybe three shrimp of sorts. When I fish noticed them they were tiny, if I didn't see them move I wouldn't have seen them at all. Well the suckers are growing! The biggest one I can see feelers, legs and the tail curls under. Also have a couple of worms that I can't identify. But the shrimp ? have me worried. I don't want to kill anything just because they gross me out. And I don't want to kill the snails or stars. Not sure what to do at this point, I have a week or two before the rock will be moved to the 40 breeder. Any words of wisdom? :)

Moose72 said:
Can you tell what kind of shrimp they are?

No, they are still to small! But they run all over the rock! They have no color except white/clear. I quess I'll have to wait till they get bigger. Saturday night and I'm looking at live rock!!! Good Lord.....:)

Well I can't imagine them being bad. Might be a good snack for your fish? I get caught up starring at my tank too, I don't even know why I have a TV anymore.

Back
Top Bottom