friends plec question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishkeeper90

Aquarium Advice Freak
so my friend has owned this pleco for about a year and has had this markings on it the whole time she owned it all her water tests fine its a little lighter as she put a new fish in yesterday and been put in new tank (upgrade) shes wondering what it is or if its normal received_10157033266319128.jpg

The discoloration just started when added the new fish or stuff in the tank? Or was everything added at the same time? Is he eating? Swinging normal? Or just setting around? Slow movement?

The discoloration just started when added the new fish or stuff in the tank? Or was everything added at the same time? Is he eating? Swinging normal? Or just setting around? Slow movement?
no she said she got him with the colouration about a year ago as he has gotten bigger the patches have got bigger with him but its paler because she put a new fish in yesterday from us but not normally that pale but still on him

If he's active and eating it's probably just trying to camo himself from the new one. They do that. Same as night and day. They go littler sometimes. I won't worry. Just keep an eye on him. Sometimes they get fungus.

If he's active and eating it's probably just trying to camo himself from the new one. They do that. Same as night and day. They go littler sometimes. I won't worry. Just keep an eye on him. Sometimes they get fungus.
as i say its been like that for a year but she only added a new fish yesterday and nothing else since she had it as the fish she had she had before but been dying off as old

OK, it's normal, most the time. I was just saying to watch him for signs of fungus. Sometimes people mistake fungus for color changing. And if the upgrades had anything on them . But the water was said to be fine. So mostly like not fungus. I'd say he's just trying to blend in. Big signs of fungus is when they don't eat.

OK, it's normal, most the time. I was just saying to watch him for signs of fungus. Sometimes people mistake fungus for color changing. And if the upgrades had anything on them . But the water was said to be fine. So mostly like not fungus. I'd say he's just trying to blend in. Big signs of fungus is when they don't eat.
ok ...he obviously eating fine etc as it wouldnt survive a year without food lol ty ....she just wanted to no if its ok

Back
Top Bottom