Frog in garden pond layed eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdok

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello i am a complete novice on frogs , can anyone enlighten me on vital info , and should i leave the eggs i have 6 goldfish in the pond too? Thanks

Your goldfish will probably eat the eggs unless they are toad eggs which they often stay away from. TRy to keep them in the pond as changing the water conditions could kill them but maybe you can put them inside a planter basket or something similar that lets the water circulate and keeps the fish away. Once they are free swimming they should be ok to release a few days after hatching into the rest of the pond. Also, if ptting them in a planter or similar net thing...try to keep them at the same depth and light exposure where they were laid.

Your goldfish will probably eat the eggs unless they are toad eggs which they often stay away from. TRy to keep them in the pond as changing the water conditions could kill them but maybe you can put them inside a planter basket or something similar that lets the water circulate and keeps the fish away. Once they are free swimming they should be ok to release a few days after hatching into the rest of the pond. Also, if ptting them in a planter or similar net thing...try to keep them at the same depth and light exposure where they were laid.
oh no this advice was too late they're gone! :'( maybe next time

Back
Top Bottom