Frustrating Currency Exchange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pizentios

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all,

Anybody else frustrated by sites like big al's etc that serve canada with regards to the currency exchange?

For example, i am looking at buying a pump and some bio balls from big als. on their us site, bio balls are 6.99 for 1 gallon. on the canadian site they are 9.99. Seeing as our currency is pretty much on par right now i cant help but feel like i am getting taken for a ride. The pump i am looking at is $24 on the US site versus 29.99 on the Canadian site. The pump isn't as bad, but i can't still feel a little rage over it.

Man i hate living in a town with very limited aquarium type stuff selection. :zook:

Ok I've ordered from big al's as well but I didn't notice that. But it does make me angry

I know what you mean about limited aquarium stuff... But since we don't have an option what can you do? I use aquariumsupplies.ca ... I haven't tried any other site, and it was my first time... I found everything to be well priced and they were pretty quick too :) I don't know if it really was well priced, but compared to my town... and lack of most fish supplies (what they do have is like tripled the price...) the site seems reasonable to me :D

Back
Top Bottom