Fry and no idea what to do!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TJ7P

Aquarium Advice Newbie
In sorting out new plants for the pond this morning (about 100-120 litres) we noticed that there are 3 fry!

The tank only has about 10 rosy barb, and now 3 fry but I don't know if I just leave them in the main pond - they're mostly hiding under the rocks or if I move them into something else? (I don't have another tank especially not one with moving water) so I have no idea what to do. Are they likely to survive since they made it past getting eaten as eggs, or do I need to get them out ASAP?

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20220129-162120.jpg
    VideoCapture_20220129-162120.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 17
  • VideoCapture_20220129-162107.jpg
    VideoCapture_20220129-162107.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 13
I guess it depends on your intentions. Do you want to keep them or no?

If you want to keep them, there’s definitely a lot you can do to help their survival, but they’ve obviously found some good hiding spots. Ideally you could provide them more cover, even temporary fake plants where they can hide from the others while they feed.

Then of course you’d want to make sure the fry have enough food. Nature is resilient and chances are some will find enough food on their own, but if you want the best survival rate you’ll want to make sure they get some food, which seems to typically be brine shrimp or krill

I agree with ColdKoi, nature knows best.
They managed to stay alive so far, more hidding places and specialty food will certainly help.
They could stay if you want to keep them, maybe there are more fry around you have not seen yet…

Back
Top Bottom