Fry coloring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nyrmel

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok I have wekk old fry (first noticed last mon) i dont know who the mommy is at this point but it seems to be one of my 3 mollies that i brough home 2 days before i found my little surprise bundles of joy:rolleyes: (my other fish are male) so tonight i notice that one of them looks to be turning gray and a few others tails are darkening. My mollies Tux is solid black Edo is pure white and spot is a 50/50 dalmation so if the fry are not white then the mother wouldnt be the white molly am i right? Just looking fo thoughts I would like toknow which molly had babies I feel wrong footed not knowing like I am irresponsible or something.
well let me know what you think will I ever be able to tell for sure who my mommy is?

I would agree that most likley they're mollies, but it can be hard to say. They won't color up for up to 8-12 weeks, depending on the species, however.

ok I was just wondering I know i am jumping the gun but I really just want to know who or which fish and as each fish was in a separte tank at the lfs though I was told how to id males verses females (after I gotthem home and found the babies) I am fairly sure that I have 3 females.

Back
Top Bottom