fry growth and vacuum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquasam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been concerned about the quality of my gravel in my fry tank .. a 10 gal with a batch of bronze cory fry about 1.5 week old .... there is a little bit of fuzz on some of the gravel and I would sure like to vacuum it but at this time the fry are still so small I believe I would cover them in gravel if I didn't vacuum them up ... how long does it take them to grow so I can easily avoid them? .. of course I've been trying not to feed them to much - so to avoid poor quality on the bottom ...

Not an easy task, best advise i can give is....Try studying their living area.They tend to hide when scared. Clean around those hiding spots without distrubing them to much. Even if you can't get everything cleaned, cleaning a little is better than nothing. Best of luck :wink:

Use a very small diameter siphon; I use airline tubing, and have it go into a very clean, white container. You will most likely have a fry or 2 go for a ride; they're easier to find in a white container LOL Mine were.

You'll need to get the fungus off the gravel else it will likely affect the fry.

Back
Top Bottom