Fry id and help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Florio

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I have 2 plecos in my tank (one of them missing)

And 3 otto's

So any ways I'm sitting there looking at my tank and I see this little guy and instantly freak out in happiness. I couldn't believe a fry survived in my community tank.

So I thought just from the looks of it that it was a pleco but it could also be a Otto

Maybe that's where my second pleco went. Guarding the baby's or something in a hiding spot.

Anyways what is he!? How can I help him survive!?

Ill try to get better pics but he swam off so ill have to find him again.

Attachments

• image-794926106.jpg
    image-794926106.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image-1864738776.jpg
    image-1864738776.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 60
  • image-1753991971.jpg
    image-1753991971.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 71
For another angle

Attachments

• image-4000275172.jpg
    image-4000275172.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 60
Definitely a Pleco fry!:) it is common for the male to disappear for several days when the eggs are payed because he is fanning the eggs! Congratulations!:)

Thats hard to tell, put a slice zucchini, both pleco and otos will like that, including the frys if there is more

Definitely a Pleco fry!:) it is common for the male to disappear for several days when the eggs are payed because he is fanning the eggs! Congratulations!:)

Awesome thanks so much :) I thought my other pleco was dead. I haven't seen him in like a week and a half.

Also I put out some cucumber cause I have no zukini currently. Only the momma pleco goes to it :/ oto's never seem to go to it.

Ill have to grab some

Your PM box is full again and you have your answers above... congrads!

Sorry it's empty now, no mass delete on the stupid app

And any suggestions on how to insure survival In a community tank? Other than isolation cause I don't have a spare tank.

The only bigger fish in there are yoyo loaches, snakeskin barbs and german blue rams.

If you don't have a tank for the fry then all you can do is try to have some hiding area's and hope for the best.

If you don't have a tank for the fry then all you can do is try to have some hiding area's and hope for the best.

Okay cool :) I'm pretty heavily planted I think he will be ok.

Also do you think this is the only one? Or do you think there's more in the tank?

Male pleco came out if hideing!! Sooo happy now.

Back
Top Bottom