Fry Surprise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coyne

Aquarium Advice Addict
So Im doing a PWC on my QT and I find 3 little fry in my bucket of old water. Looking closer in the tank I see a few more skulking about. I picked up a female molly a week or so ago and she mustve been pregnant as there are no male mollies in there with her.

I managed to catch a 4th and put them in a mason jar, since I wasnt prepared for any fry. After almost no thought at all, I decided that they might make a nice meal for my main tank... which contains another molly and a school of serpae tetras.
I think 2-3 of them managed to make it to safety, but I know for sure that the molly managed to catch one. Within a minute he began swimming funny. Is this because he has a live fry inside him or was feeding him a fry a big mistake and now he's going to die? Also, one of the serpaes is acting a little funny too, so he may have caught one too.

There are at least 2 more fry in the QT. What should I do with them if I can catch them?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom