Fun Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would really like to find a solution that doesn't involve removing the gravel.
Its going to be impossible to cover the gravel up. Eventually its going to mix with whatever substrate you use to cover it and you're gonna see it.

As mentioned, gravity will win the fight if you try to cover neon gravel with sand or any other gravel for that matter. Its really simple to change out the substrate. If you're trying to be frugal, and don't want to toss the neon gravel in the trash, you could always pick up another tank. :) 10 gallons are usually $10-12 at petsmart or Walmart lol

Jesse

As mentioned, gravity will win the fight if you try to cover neon gravel with sand or any other gravel for that matter. Its really simple to change out the substrate. If you're trying to be frugal, and don't want to toss the neon gravel in the trash, you could always pick up another tank. :) 10 gallons are usually $10-12 at petsmart or Walmart lol

Jesse

+1 it's near impossible to hide the neon substrate and make it look natural even.

The ONLY natural thing I have seen from gravel(aside from black gravel) is someone who made a river twisted through the tank. The river was blue gravel than the rest of the tank was like Poor Filter Sand.

Caleb

You can use neon green gravel, it'll look like you have grass in your tank.

:)

You can use neon green gravel, it'll look like you have grass in your tank.

Like this idea. :)

I'm also thinking, once the fantasy ornaments are replaced with rock & driftwood & the live plants really start to take hold & grow, it will look great.

Last time I had a planted tank, I had to keep weeding. It got so thick, I couldn't see the fish. :(

Now that I think of it, don't think much of the gravel was visible either. :)

It will be a work in progress toward my ultimate vision.

" Work with what you have " & make the best of it. :)

Thanks. :)

Wow !

Watch some of the green machines Aqua scape videos on YouTube. I've learned a lot from them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks so much Dylan. The tanks are gorgeous !

Sure would have no problem with my neon gravel showing in a jungle tank !

There is only 1 problem. They plant everything @ once. Don't think I could afford that.

What are your tanks like ?

Thanks again ! :)

Now just wondering, have u get any fishes yet? I might find fishes for the "jungle" theme lol

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cycling

Now just wondering, have u get any fishes yet? I might find fishes for the "jungle" theme lol

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No, I haven't got fish yet. I'm cycling.

What kind of fish do you suggest for the jungle effect or were you making fun of me. :) :(

lol, maybe tiger barbs as they named as tiger or Zebra danio as they named Zebra

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I think u need to find fish that have similar colour with animals or have the name like it

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom