Fungal infection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OneTwoRedBlue

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Last night after doing my weekly water change I noticed what looks like a fungal infection on my comet. She knocked off a scale this week and yesterday another one has been bumped off. At the site of the injury is something white that I initially suspected to be fungus. Here are some pictures I took: Cotton like growth - Album on Imgur

This morning I had another look. The stuff (whatever it is) seems a little bigger but doesn't look like it's made of filaments. Perhaps just excess slime coat at the site of the injury?

I got some hydrogen peroxide and intend to gently swab the affected area later today. Advice would be appreciated! :)

Obligatory info:
Parameters: Earlier this week 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 40 nitrate, temp 24 deg C.
Tank: 150L, set up around 9 months ago, recently relocated to another part of the building.
Filter: Aqua One Aquis CF1200 (cannister), 750lph.
Fishies: Two goldfish - one comet (1 yr 9 mo, in tank 9 months) one shubunkin (in tank 8 months).
Water changed: Last night, 20%, vacuumed. Weekly schedule.
New: Plants, added more gravel one week ago.
Diet: Nutrafin sinking pellets and occasionally peas.

Well really she looks fine. The peroxide sounds fine, just dont get it on her gills.
I would not worry about meds with such a small wound.
Its bacteria that then dies and turns into like white "fungus" on the fish.
The fungus will eat away dead fish skin.
Anyways she seems okay.

Yeah I realised after coming back to this that it really isn't much. Just overprotective of my fishies. Thanks Matt68005 :)

Back
Top Bottom