Furcata Rainbows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
manbeast said:
I've been keeping mine in a well planted 26gal bow front and feeding pureaquatic pellets for small fish(like large dust particles) only other tankmates see some snails and panda corys

Stating the obvious...Your pictures show Threadfin Rainbows, not Furcatas. But still awesome fish. :) similar care.
I love mine.

Try using blood worms and brine shrimp, that is what I use for my rainbows. The worms absorb water quick so they are easy for top feeders like rainbows.

Coursair said:
Stating the obvious...Your pictures show Threadfin Rainbows, not Furcatas. But still awesome fish. :) similar care.
I love mine.

sorry, your mention of threadfins earlier led me to believe we jumped topics

Funny that threadfins were mentioned, I'm waiting on a shipment to arrive at my lfs. They're going in with the furcatas.
Update: the 3 remaining furcatas are doing fine. They seem to be settling in and aren't as jumpy. I guess I'll never know what happened to the others, but I'm leaning toward collision with the side of the tank.

Try buying Kens Golden pearls. They come in many sizes and are a good staple food. You can order them from Kensfish.com

I'll have to check that out. I've always wondered about the difference in quality of fish food at most fish places, and also the shelf life etc...

Back
Top Bottom