FW compatibility and stocking levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krisa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well my main questions ATM are fish compatibility and stock levels. I'm planning on a 160L/42G tank. So far I'm considering a combination of
1x Cockatoo Cichlid
1x Dwarf Blue Gourami
10x Ember Tetra
10x Blue Neon or Emperor Tetra
6x Sterbai Corydora
4x Kuhli Loach
1x Bristlenose Pleco

Do you think this is a good combination? Also any other advice would be awesome I have some knowledge but not nearly enough.

That seems like a great combination!
Looks like it will be an awesome tank :D!
Is this your first tank? Are you experienced with any of these fish?
It seems a bit overstocked, so I think you should take out either some tetras or some Kuhli Loaches. I think that you should remove about 10 inches of fish, so either 7-10 tetras or 2-3 loaches. The cichlid and the DG might have territorial issues, but in a 42 gallon tank they should have enough room that they don't bother eachother.
Keep me posted, I think that this will be an awesome tank! Do you have a test kit? Will the tank be planted? More details would be nice.

I have had a few fish before mainly bettas and guppies but nothing to flash. I am planning a planted tank with drift wood. I will be buying all the equipment first including test kits basic medications and tank equipment, If you have any suggestion I'd love to hear some :) I am planning on doing a fishless cycle. I was actually considering less fish initially but another member said I could fit more. Will the type of filter affect my tanks stock load?

This is what aqadvisor has said should be sustainable, I've been told its not reliable but I just wanted to suss it out.
3x Cockatoos m/f/f
2x DBG m/f
10x Neon Tetra
10x Rummynose Tetra
6x Sterbai Cory's
5x Kuhli Loach
1x Starlight Bristlenose

Even to me that seems bait excessive lol

Attachments

• image-3804252035.jpg
    image-3804252035.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 60
Ok so the tank i'm getting is now a 65G. So this amount of fish should be fine right? Maybe even another female CC? Or another silverlight?

In a 65 gallon what you have from the AqAdvisor thing above this is going to be okay. You could even add more maybe.

Back
Top Bottom